Thursday, November 05, 2009

Butch & Sundance went down in a blaze of glory.

Goose, Maverick, Iceman & Slider went ballistic avoiding Viper & Jester.

Joker, Mother, Eight-ball & Rafterman took the mick out of Private Pyle for most of bootcamp.

O-Dog, A-wax, LuLoc & Chauncey followed Co-Caine outta the ghetto.

My point is this, my teammates and I need names. Call 'em nicknames or call signs or monikers. Whatever they are, we need 'em. STAT.

As the list above illustrates, every great mission begins with cool nicknames. Those of you following us have probably picked up on one or two but those are no good. Here are my suggestions:

1. Matt 'Warchild' Warnock: His babyface belies his warrior-like attitude to training.
2. Lucy 'Lucifer' Taylor: Much like the devil, people have called her both hot & mean.
3. Scott 'Mr. Burns' Lang: He's small. He's frail. And he falls down a lot.
4. Pete 'Rooney' Ward: Unless it comes to footie, he's not very switched on.
5. Jeff 'Ocean' Roberts: Like Danny Ocean, he's older, smoother, more debonair and always one step ahead.

For the followers, Yea or Nay on the new nicknames?

3 comments:

  1. If you, JRo, are Danny Ocean, then surely Pete must be Rusty Ryan, with his constant junk food snacking.

    I'm going to put myself forward as Matt Damon's Linus Caldwell - not much to look at but, beneath the surface, lies a pro with some crazy skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off the top of my head, I'd say you're looking at a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethros and a Leon Spinks, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald...ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rooney? Well I suppose he's ugly enough...

    ReplyDelete