Thursday, December 03, 2009

Believe...

This last note before the actual event is to my team: Guys, I'm not sure if you're going to read this before we begin. I know we have a lot of running around to do with last minute equipment and the like. If you do, however, I wanted to send a message of encouragement.

Believe in our training. In the last two months, we've done things I didn't think I'd ever do. Believe in the training and believe in each other. We can do this. We will do it.

Our goal has never been to win -- or even compete. Our goal was to prove that, with training, five average journalists could finish one of the world's most grueling endurance races. Remember that. Our goal is to finish. If we do that, we succeed. It will be incredibly difficult. No doubt. But, trust each other. Trust our preparation and trust each other. Now is not the time for pride or ego or politeness. Be straight with each other. Be honest with each other. Be honest with yourselves. We can do this. We will do this. We will do it together. J-Ro

No comments:

Post a Comment